Our wedding day

Our wedding day

Monday, November 28, 2011

Outlook


A couple of months ago Steven's sister Jessica went to a class called "Outlook". She loved it and said that it changed her life making it more positive and changing her perspective on everything. She invited us to go. Months and months later we finally did. It was in November on a Thursday (4-10pm), Friday (4-10pm) and Saturday (9am-7pm) and we really, really enjoyed it. 
Here are just a few of the things we learned about:
1. The Choice Process: We learned that each of us has instilled in ourselves some false beliefs in ourselves. Those false beliefs keep us from being who we really are or want to be. For example, in reflection of my life I felt like I've had a hard time making new friends in my Santaquin ward. Through the choice process I realize that in realty I am a great friend and people want to be my friend. My new belief is that 
"I am a magnet of friendship".
 I know, a little cheesy but it works. I say this to myself all the time when I'm normally in uncomfortable situations when I want to go talk to people in my ward but I'm too nervous. I feel like since that time I'm confident in talking to anyone and everyone. 
2. Passion: We talked about the passions we have in our lives or passions that we want to develop. I made a list of my passions and realized that most all of them (rock climbing, water skiing, etc) do not go so well with pregnancy. However, one did! Swimming! I decided that I'm going to swim a mile because I love it and I can. It makes life more exciting to live our passions. It took me a long time but at the Orem Rec Center, I did it! 38 weeks pregnant I swam a mile! 
Steven has re-found his passion in rabbits and we are now the proud of owners of 5 cute bunnies in our backyard. He says he's going to breed them or raise them for meat. 

3. Risk: There are so many things we don't do in our lives because we're afraid of failure. I made a list of all sorts of things I've always wanted to do but never have taken the time or effort to do. I'm now trying to take some of those risks. 
There was a lot more but that's just a few things. If you'd like to take the class we'd love to set you up with some great tickets. The next one is December 8, 9 and 10. After you go once, you can attend over and over for the rest of your life as reminders of the goals you're trying to fulfill. 

We also enjoyed it so much that Steven is doing the next class Power 90 where he is setting a huge goal that he'll accomplish in 90 days. Though I'm not taking the class, he's sharing with me what he learns and I'm setting a goal to complete my Mom's documentary in 90 days. It's something I've been wanting to do for years but never have taken the time to do it. 

Here's their website if you want more information: http://www.afreshnewoutlook.com/
This is our group we were with all weekend

Steven and I after the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment