Our wedding day

Our wedding day

Monday, November 28, 2011

False Labor

Last Monday- November 21st I started feeling contractions in the morning. They got worse as the afternoon approached. I was timing them about 7 minutes apart and excitedly thought that maybe this was the real thing. Luckily, I had my weekly Monday doctor's appointment. My doctor- Julie Grover was out of town so I saw her associate Doctor Heather Dabbling. She was great. She checked me and said I was measuring at a 3 and her head was down. She scrapped my membranes to further things along (which hurt so bad!) and said that she thought i would end up having her "tonight" and she'd probably be delivering me that night. She suggested going home and taking a warm bath. Steven I headed back and the contractions were so bad at this point that I could hardly talk or walk or anything. We finished packing our bags and loaded the car, buckling in the baby car seat and all. We went to Mom and Dad Cooepr's house so I could take a warm bath there since they have more hot water than us. After soaking in the tub for a few hours the labor pains went away and I was no longer feeling contractions. Never have I been so disappointed to have pain go away. We went on a mile+ walk hoping they would start up again, but nothing. 
Since then I've felt a lot of cramping- maybe contractions, maybe braxton hicks- I don't know. We see the doctor again in an hour and we'll see what she says. Our baby's official due date is on Wednesday, November 30th... so maybe she'll want to wait.
I'm uncomfortable but not too uncomfortable- which probably means she needs some more time. I guess we'll see.
Measuring 38 1/2 cm
Also, my sweet friends Kali and Kaitlin threw me a little baby shower where we met at Mimi's Cafe and had lunch and caught up. It was so fun to see them, Heather and Lani. 

The Young Women also threw me a baby shower. It was so much fun to celebrate with them. We played diaper -melt a candy bar inside and guess what kind it is game and had  fun little baby treats and visited and they gave me sweet gifts. Exactly what I needed- diapers and wipes! It was lots of fun and I'm so blessed to have such sweet friends in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment