Our wedding day

Our wedding day

Monday, July 18, 2011

We're having a...

The moment we've all been waiting for! 20 weeks have finallly passed, July 14th finally came and we are having a G-OY!!! uh, I mean a B-IRL!!! Wait a second, what was it.... oh yeah, our little baby is a GIRL!
Just in case you didn't know, out of the 8 grandkids that are from my Mom and Dad there are only BOYS! 8 BOYS! This will be the first granddaughter! My older brother, Theron, told me just last week- you do realize you have to have 5 boys in order to get a girl in this family, right? Haha, I guess he was wrong. Everything looks good with her- healthy, strong and normal.

20 weeks pregnant
My older sister Rachel really surprised me when I went over to her house later that day and she pulled out a box of clothes that my Mom had bought her. My Mom died about 8 years ago. Before she died she bought Rachel some cute little baby girl clothes for someday when Rachel had a girl. After 5 kids, Rachel had all boys. She was so sweet to share with me these clothes that my Mom had bought for her Granddaughter. I'll admit, I shed a few tears looking at them knowing that my Mom had chosen them. Aren't they so cute?
Baby girl clothes my Mom chose before she died
This is my favorite one- her blessing dress with a sweet little bonnet. Rachel also let me borrow the dress that my Great-grandmother made and embroidered that both my Mom and Rachel were blessed in.
Her blessing dress
The next day my sister Jeni bought our little girl this dress, so cute!
Aunt Jeni spoils her already!
Now that Steven has seen the ultrasound, heard the heartbeat and knows she's a girl- he is so excited and talks about (and to her) all the time. He's going to be such a great Daddy!

Happy 4th of July! We went over to my parents house. We had a BBQ- meaning because it's so hot here- my Dad endured the heat and grilled the burgers and then we ate them inside. Afterwards, Steven and I set up the projector outside by the pool with a white sheet. Elise blew up some tubes and we sat in the tubes while watching Finding Nemo in the pool. It was lots of fun.
My fruity homemade flag...
Steven made his clams he caught at the beach into a meal! He looked up some recipes and youtube videos and enjoyed eating his clams.
Steven and his own-caught-and-cooked clams!

Every time we play Othello, Steven wins. By a lot! Sunday night I took him on determined to win. Yes I sometimes had 5 minute turns pensively thinking out the next 5 moves, but it was worth it because, I WON!! 17 to 47.... ba-ha-ha, I didn't rub it in his face at all...
(I'm white... he's black...)
This is a fun 2 person game I'd recommend.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Cherise! So excited to see your new little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Congrats cutie! I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Congrats on the news of a girl! Good luck the rest of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! A girl! Congratulations, Cherise. You are going to make one amazing momma!

    ReplyDelete