Our wedding day

Our wedding day

Monday, July 4, 2011

Family Reunion to San Diego!

Welcome to the Greatest Show on Earth! Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey!
Steven and I took my brother Jacob and sister Julia.
My favorite part was the tamed tigers rolling over like kittens nad the elephants and their tricks.
This isn't a great picture but Steven (and Jacob's) favorite was this guy in this weighted turning thing that did cool tricks. Steven now wants to build one of his own. :) Big surprise!










Steven survived the hottest day in Arizona so far and earned these 2 mister fans. Too bad this is just the beginning of record setting of "hottest day"! He's doing awesome in his sales!





Good-bye Elder Burk!
Wednesday morning we said our farewell to Elder Burk (Dallin) as we dropped him off at the MTC. See you in 2 years buddy!
...after we dropped him off we drove to Southern California for our family vacation...




Disneyland!


Steven and I on our way on the Mattahorn!

My cute sister Jeni loving Disneyland!



I passed on the swings (I think called Mickey's orchestra) but this crew love it!






On the Grizzly bear ride- I had one request- put me with the kids (or lightest people) to avoid getting wet! Somehow I got put with my sweet Daddy (not kid weight) and others and got SOAKED!
Those who planned to get soaked came out a little damp...

What we do best- wait in lines. On our way to Space Mountain!







Steven and I slipped away for a bit to enjoy one of our favorites- the jungle cruise and some yummy dinner. I love my husband!






With my Dad's bad knees- this is how he survived the day. This electric wheelchair became his best friend! Wasn't so bad getting in the front of lines too!





This energetic group was still riding rides up until the last minute the park was open!






Our Day at Coronado Beach!
Karl digging a tunnel to protect the beloved sand castle.







Check this out! Rachel is modeling real sand dollars and clams! The kids caught them and Steven brought some home in hopes to make them for dinner.





Who is this guy? Oh wait, that's Hans! Wow Hans, lookin' good!











Jacob and Steven hard at work building the sand castle. (Check out Steven's awesome farmers tan...and muscles...Ow!)







Paul avoids the water but loves the beach.











Matt BBQing hot dogs with his boys Isaac and Abe.









Somehow Abe got buried in the sand. How did that happen? I think I see the culprits!





The family went home or to Northern Cali the next day and Steven and I stuck around for just one more day in the beautiful weather.

Steven has been wanting a skim board for a while and we finally found one. He pretty much mastered the art.








For dinner we got some steak, bacon and veggies and BBQed them on the beach. It was so yummy!





After church and before heading home we visited the San Diego temple grounds. It looks like a castle! BEAUTIFUL!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I loved looking at your pictures! Thank you for telling me about your new blog, and getting to enjoy all the fun things you guys are up to! Tell Steve to hold on there -I'm sure he's doing an amazing job, but it's a toughy... -you're in our thoughts and prayers! Love you CC and Steve!

    ReplyDelete